June 19, 2011

Al Huda Sisters group : A New Beginning (Dubai, UAE)


My first post is dedicated to the al Huda Sisters group and now 'markaz', or (Islamic) center, located in Dubai, UAE.

'Al Huda' is the Arabic word for 'guidance' and truly every student, including my

self, has a unique, touching story as to how they found the group and joined.

In my case, back in 2007, I had just graduated from university in France, my home country, and moved on my own to Dubai (U.A.E.) at the age of 23, to start my career.
You see, I had already embraced Islam for some time, but back there I was isolated from the Muslim community (the mosque was not in a safe neighborhood).
When I moved to Dubai, the first thing I wanted, was to find another revert like myself! After years of isolation in France I started thinking there were no others!
A month after my arrival, I was grocery shopping one evening and I was stoked when I saw a white, blue-eyed girl, wearing hijab. After a long hesitation, I went up to her - guess where she was headed that night? To Eman alObaidi's home - and it was a stepping stone in my journey of faith.


Who is Eman alObaidi?
She is the co-founder and teacher of what is today a woman's Islamic Center called the "AlHuda Sisters" Markaz, located in Umm Suqeim in Dubai (UAE).
It started off with a friend, then later developed to a small group, which became larger, friends brought their friends, who brought their own - there are now 250 students, classes every day and women abroad (Brazil, USA, Malaysia, Egypt, etc) from all around the world, can now listen to them live, online.

Why are the classes so popular?
Because it all started with good intentions to seek knowledge in Islam and to please Allah. And Allah guides the one who wants to get closer to Him.
Along the way, there were difficulties finding a permanent venue to teach at, we moved from mosque to mosque, spent two years at the Ladies Club, but after answering to every test with patience, on May 9th, 2011, we were gifted with an invaluable blessing : a beautiful villa close to the beach, near a mosque, with a library, classrooms fitted with livefeed on flat screen TV's, a prayer room and playroom for kids.

So, long live to the new Al Huda Sisters Markaz!
Not only I made a new friend in the supermarket but since then I am blessed with many others, who I have learned to love for the sake of Allah. I hope to see many of you join!



وَإِن تَعُدُّوا نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ لَا تُحْصُوهَا

“…and if you count the Blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them.” (14:34)

www.alhudasisters.wordpress.com (with map)
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/AlHuda-Sisters/97373959035?sk=info 
Twitter : @AlHudaSisters
For more details, please email alhuda.sisters@gmail.com or call +971 (0)50 585 62 14

No comments:

Post a Comment